Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by1023cl

We have a broken hinges on our HP laptop.  HP does not seem to have a shell replacement on its website so I will go with a third party compatible shell.  Does the original shell have a hinge base so if I remove the screen portion of the laptop can I connect it directly to the new base shell using the existing hinges?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

What you have to replace will depend on where the damage is. 

Here is a hyperlink to the PDF Maintenance & Service guide.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c08119882.pdf

Look in the illustrated parts section for the parts that you will require once you open the notebook to see what is needed. 

If you use  "HP + the part number" for the part you need as a keyword in a search engine you should be able to find a online vendor regional to where you live in the world that sells the part(s) that you need to effect the repair.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.