Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15q-ds0004tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lately, my laptop is a bit sluggish and boots up very slowly and almost takes up 3 minutes to boot! So, I thought it would be a great idea to upgrade with a SSD so I wanted to know that my laptop model can support NvMe SSD or not or I have to go for a normal M.2 SSD? Please don't suggest me some SSDs as I've already chose 3 of them and all I want is to know about NvMe support in this model. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AshutoshEDM It looks like the SSD slot you've got on the device only supports PCIe not NVMe, that said, I've listed below the parts tested and approved to work on your device, anything else, may or may not work:

For more details: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AshutoshEDM It looks like the SSD slot you've got on the device only supports PCIe not NVMe, that said, I've listed below the parts tested and approved to work on your device, anything else, may or may not work:

For more details: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, that's saddening. NVMe SSDs are lot more faster than a normal PCIe SSD. Can you suggest some SSDs for this device? It's be a great help! Thanks for the reply too!

HP Recommended

@AshutoshEDM Actually, I've already mentioned the suggested SSD's from HP, all you have to do is google the part numbers from the image I've sent to you, for example - "L78720-001, HP" and you should find results suitable to your need, if you don't find the same on the HP Parts store, get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

I hope that helps!

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey,  can you please tell me which PCIe version is present in this laptop? I want to buy a Kingston SSD so I need to know that. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.