Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ek0015nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have bought this PC for about a month, Hp Omen 15-ek0015nl. I would like to know if from my thunderbolt 3 port it's possible charging the pc, I bought the thunderbolt 3 cable and a 60 watts wall socket but the pc is not charging and the thunderbolt device is not recognized, furthermore, by connecting my smartphone to the thunderbolt 3, which should deliver 18 watts, the smartphone charges slowly and not with fast charging (supports super charging). 

Can you help me understand?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Toniopal,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Besides the fact that the OMEN Laptop 15-ek0015nl's Thunderbolt 3 port is listed as not supporting PowerDelivery, which is needed to charge the laptop, it should be noted that the device uses a 200W AC adapter and that power over USB-C supports a maximum of 100W. Therefore, it is impossible for you to both find a USB-C charger above 100W and to charge the laptop through its USB-C port entirely.

Kind regards,

Edward

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hello @Eddyk

Thanks for the reply and I apologize for the delay.

I didn't know my thunderbolt port wasn't power delivery, I had read the instruction manual and in the power category I realized it was possible. 100w would have been enough for me outside the home (since the charger is not very light). Anyway, shouldn't my thunderbolt port allow me an 18w charge? why is my smartphone not charging with fast charging? Do I have a problem with the thunderbolt port or with the cable (I bought it on Amazon and it is declared thunderbolt)?

I am waiting for your reply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.