Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 15m cp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My laptop currently has a 256gb Samsung mzvlb256hahq SSD, I can't find an exact manual for this laptops model number so am unsure if it does support a HDD for additional storage??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06001791 

is a general manual, and perhaps Page  1

StorageSupport for a 1-TB, 7200-rpm, SATA 7.0-mm hard drive

Support for the following solid-state drives:

256-GB, M.2 2280, peripheral component interconnect express (PCIe)3×4, non-volatile memory express (NVMe), SuperSpeed (SS) solid-state drive with triple-level cell (TLC)

256-GB, 2280, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive with TLC

128-GB, M.2 2280, SATA-3 solid-state drive with TLC

Supports the following hard drive and solid-state drive combinations:1-TB, 7200-rpm, SATA 7.0-mm hard drive + 256-GB, 2280, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive with TLC1-TB, 7200-rpm, SATA 7.0-mm hard drive + 128-GB, M.2 2280-SATA3 solid-state drive with TLC

Then Page 27.   Support for  does not mean the mounting frame etc is guaranteed to be there.

HP Recommended

Hi

SKU is  4AC55UAR#ABA
I did end up finding the user guide for this laptop

I opened it up and it does have the space for  HDD and the HDD connector on the motherboard, although now I'm not sure what kind of cable is supported to connect the HDD to the motherboard?

HP Recommended

Hi

HP ENVY x360 - 15m-cp0012dx

and the manual link I posted seems to match.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=4AC55UAR

Lists parts that your PC was built from.

Perhaps if you can cross reference what you see inside the PC with the manual and parts list you may get that eureka moment.

Cable (Internal)
L20103-001HDD CABLE Include HDD foil Compliant

My guess is....   Page 28

a.Disconnect the hard drive cable (1) from the front of the hard drive, and if necessary, save it for use on the replacement hard drive.The hard drive cable is available using spare part number L21894-001.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.