Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 - 1207sg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since upgrading windows 7 to windows 10 DVDRAM GT50N doesn't work any more - where can I get the current driver?

best regards

Merle

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Merle0310

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the DVD/OPTICAL drive isn't working since the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7,

Did you know that HP doesn't support nor recommend switching to a retail copy of windows?

That said, I looked up your product specifications and found the OS supplied by HP was: Windows 10 and downgrading to Windows 7 isn't possible unless you've made use of a retail version of the Windows and I'm afraid that is not supported by HP. 

  

Unfortunately, I can only help you once you’re back on OEM, 

If you need assistance obtaining a recovery media, please Click here for the details.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.