Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm4 2095la
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have just upgraded my Pavilion dm4 2095la from Windows 8 to Windows 10. According to Device manager I need some updated drivers for Unknown device.

I don't know the details for this error but the List of events says:

7/7/17

Device ROOT\SYSTEM\000Q was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: ROOT\SYSTEM\0001
Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0x0
Present: true

7/7/17

The device ROOT\SYSTEM\0001 was configured
Driver Name: null
Class GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Date of the controller:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Controller section:
Driver Rating: 0x0
Corresponding device ID:
Top controllers:
Updated device: false
Primary device: HTREE \ ROOT \ 0

18/7/17

Driver Management completed the NULL Driver installation process for the device instance identifier ROOT \ SYSTEM \ 0001 with the following status: 0x0.

Details

Hardware id : root DTSoftBus01

Resources: 00000000

State:

DN_ROOT_ENUMERATED

DN_HAS_PROBLEM

DN_DISABLEABLE

DN_NT_ENUMERATOR

DN_NT_DRIVER

Problem code: 0000001C

I assume that I need to download updated drivers from somewhere and install them.  But where do I find them and how do I identify the correct ones?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe if you right click on the device, select uninstall and restart the PC, the unknown device will disappear.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.