Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-r014tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp laptop model number is 15-r014tx Notebook, this had an issue that it cannot detect memory card reader.

Whenever PC is updated by a major update this slot works for the first time then it never works. Maybe driver problem.

Please provide a suitable driver. 

any help would be appreciated.Screenshot (43).pngs.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest driver for the Realtek SD card reader your notebook has directly from the Realtek site.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the 1st file listed at the link below...

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/card-reader-solutions-card-reader-controllers-soft...

HP Recommended

I have done as you say. But this also doesn't work in my PC.

Anymore suggestions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.