Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP ENVY x360 is supposed to come with a nvidia MX150 graphics card. I checked my device manager a while back and I had it. Then not long ago there was a problem with my laptop and I took it to geek squad to fix it and they fixed it while I still had my manufacturing warranty. I also updated windows 10 couple days ago. Now my manufacturing warranty is expired and I happen to check if my nvidia MX150 graphics card is still there and I can't find it in device manager. I downloaded the nvidia drivers that correspond to my laptop from the hp website and they say "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." What do I do?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@abbesmoe Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the graphics card is not showing in the device manager.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I suggest you check in Device Manager > Go to View, Show hidden devices and then check if the Nvidia drivers are detected in other devices as unknown devices.

You can use a Nvidia Autodetect Tool to reinstall the drivers: Click here

Make sure that your graphics card isn’t disabled:

• Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list of results.
  • Once Device Manager opens, locate your graphic card and double-click it to see its properties.
  • Go to the Driver tab and click the Enable button. If the button is missing it means that your graphics card is enabled.

If the drivers are not listed in Device Manager, please perform a hardware test: 

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

5. Video Tests - This test includes three tests of the video hardware on your computer.

To run the test, click Video, select one of the following tests, and then click Run Once.

If the test passes, I would suggest you perform a BIOS update from the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00042629

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hey Praveen196,

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried everything you mentioned. I looked at device manager with show hidden devices. I updated the bios and looked for any missing drivers from the link you gave me. So far nothing has changed. The graphics card is still not detected.

Is there anything else I could do?

Thank you,

HP Recommended

@abbesmoe 

Thank you for the update.

Please perform the system reset and check for the result.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196

I have performed the system reset and once the reset finishes it takes me back to my regular desktop and a message shows up saying "reset failed"

HP Recommended

@abbesmoe

I understand your concerns.

In that case, you have to perform the system recovery.

Note: performing the system recovery you will lose the personal data and installed application. Please take the backup before performing recovery.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196

On system recovery , it uses HP Recovery Manager to perform system recovery, but I don't have it on my laptop and I even looked up what to do if I don't have it and tried to install it using this: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961 and also typed in windows "HP Recovery Manager" or access it via F11 and still couldn't find it. I even downloaded HP Recovery Manager Update SP 74123. Then, I saw that it said "Beginning in 2018, Recovery Manager does not come preinstalled on computers with Windows 10. If your computer does not have Recovery Manager, go to HP PCs - Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10) for more information." But then that just takes us back to not being able to reset my computer, because it fails.

what do I do now?

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@abbesmoe

Thank you for the update.

In that case, you will have to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

Or you can contact our phone support and order the recovery media.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196

I downloaded a recovery media using a usb and performed a system recovery following all the steps on this link: click here

The system recovery was a success, but it didn't solve the graphics card not being detected. I still can't find anything that's related to nvidia on my system.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@abbesmoe 

I understand your concerns. 

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option.

They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Or you can contact the local service center.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.