Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 250 G4
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am using Windows 8.1, i have installed all necessary drivers from hp, but BCM43142A0 (bluetooth) and another uknown devide (acpi compatible system) don't have any drivers installed. Does anybody know from where to get these drivers?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this bluetooth driver works...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_146703_1&swEnvOid=415...

There can be a few unknown devices, so I will need you to post the hardware ID for the unknown device you see.

To find the hardware ID for a device, go to the device manager and click on the unknown device.

Then click on the details tab at the top of the unknown device window.

Now you should see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to device description.

Drop down on that list and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

Thanks, the bluetooth driver works.

The hardware id of the unknown devide is ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6001 (top string). And it has these three lines:

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6001
ACPI\HPQ6001
*HPQ6001

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks, now this device works too.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

I am having an unknown device on my laptop HP 250 G4 having Windows 8 Pro. I am unable to install Wireless adapter for Broadcom.

Unknown Device:

ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_3400
ACPI\INT3400
*INT3400

HP Recommended

Hi, @Bizgeek :

There are no W8 drivers for those devices--from anyplace, not just HP.

If you want your notebook to run correctly, you will need to install a supported operating system (one that is listed on the driver page for your notebook).

I suggest you connect via ethernet cable, do the required windows updates, and get the free upgrade to W8.1 from the windows store, and then install the W8.1 drivers from the support page.

Then you can take the free upgrade to W10.

HP Recommended
Paul! I am using Windows 8.1 on my HP 240 G4 laptop, i have installed all necessary drivers from hp, but wifi/network don't have any drivers installed. Does anybody know from where to get these drivers?
HP Recommended
@Paul_Tikkanen please help me out
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.