Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I'm no PC export, but I find it hard to believe the shock from the fall would break the cable would before something else like a solder joint in the motherboard or display.

HP Recommended

Depends on how it hits and how the shock is transferred. You could drop it a hundred times and it would do slightly different damage on each. The zif connection where the cable inserts is actually pretty fragile and not too hard to mess up. 

HP Recommended

The computer was in a  bag, but even through the bag, the impact was enough to chip its edge.

unnamed.jpg

HP Recommended

That was a big hit. Could have done much more damage than it apparently did

HP Recommended

I was actually expecting a dead hard drive.

HP Recommended

I swapped out the display with a new one and it's all working now

Thanks for your help with this.

HP Recommended

When you select your own answer as the "Solution" you are thanking yourself. You are welcome, though. 

HP Recommended

I just wanted to make sure I tagged a response that had the solution in it. 

I went back to the first pages and tagged one of your replies.  Thanks again for holding my hand through this.

HP Recommended

That's why we are here. Glad its working now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.