Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15CC-100tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to setup dual storage i.e. HDD + SSD configuration for my HP Pavilion  15CC-100tx. Does it support that and if yes then where is the slot to add secondary SSD along with primary HDD. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes see how they are in completely separate places inside the laptop? That was the purpose of the picture. You want to install the M.2 gumstick disk and make it the primary boot disk to take adavantage of its rip-roaring speed and then use the original mechanical spinner drive just for storage. 

Post back with any more questions. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Here's the Manual:

Manual

HDD at bottom left M.2 slot circledHDD at bottom left M.2 slot circled

Your model can take either a SATA M.2 2280 disk like Samsung 860 Evo OR it can take the much faster PCIe/NVME type such as the Samsung 970 Evo. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

HP Recommended

SSD can be added as a secondary drive without replacing primary HDD?

HP Recommended

Yes see how they are in completely separate places inside the laptop? That was the purpose of the picture. You want to install the M.2 gumstick disk and make it the primary boot disk to take adavantage of its rip-roaring speed and then use the original mechanical spinner drive just for storage. 

Post back with any more questions. 

HP Recommended

Currently I am using the hp 15-ck069tx which has an inbuilt 2-TB, 5400-rpm, 7.2-/7.0-mm hard drive and I want to install a 256-GB, M.2, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive (Samsung 970 EVO Plus) in the M.2 slot. So will the system support this type of dual storage configuration as it is not mentioned in the manual whose link is given below. And if not then what will I have to do if I want to install a 256-GB NVMe ssd in my laptop? 

Here is the manual - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05709135

Regards 

Tanay

HP Recommended

Yes. No problem; that exact configuration is just not an option HP offers from the factory, so not listed in the Manual, but the Manual does not dictate every combination that can be installed. The M.2 slot supports a PCIe/NVME M.2 SSD so you can add in a 256 gig Evo 970 Plus if you wish. Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

First of all thank you for your immediate support @huffer. Actually I am a little confused that whether this model supports PCIe NVMe form factor because I just checked on crucial's website for the compatibility , and in the results (attached below) NVMe was not mentioned anywhere. So I cannot make a decision for which ssd should I buy, also I will be using the ssd as my boot drive . I will be very thankful if you suggest some good m.2 ssd's which I can buy in India.

Another doubt which I had is that, can I replace my internal hard disc with a SATA ssd and use the hard disc as an external hard drive.

Regards 

Tanay

Screenshot (74).png

HP Recommended

First of all thank you for your immediate support @Huffer. Actually I am a bit confused that whether this model supports PCIe NVMe form factor because when I checked on Crucial's website for the compatible ssd's with this model, there was nothing mentioned about NVMe in the results (attached below). Thus I cannot make a decision, whether to buy a PCIe NVMe ssd or a normal PCIe SATA ssd. Also I will be very thankful if you suggest some good m.2 PCIe NVMe ssd's that are compatible with my device which I can buy in India.

Another doubt which I had is that, can I replace my internal hard drive with a SATA ssd and use the hard drive as an external hard drive? 

Regards 

TanayScreenshot (74).png

HP Recommended

Crucial is usually pretty good at posting correct specs but the source of their info is the Service Manual, which is linked in one of the posts above.. If we need to do an in-depth discussion please start your own thread. 

HP Recommended

I have almost the same situation. However, unlike the author of the topic, I want to make a SDD primary and use the current HDD slave. So, I have HP Pavilion 14-ce0068st with 1 TB HDD. I just upgraded my Ram to 16 GB and bought a new Samsung Evo Plus SDD which I'm going to use as a primary drive but keep the old HDD as a reserve storage. I haven't checked yet, but my question is - Whether it's technically possible to install Windows 10 to the newly purchased SSD and format the currently using HDD and use it as a slave drive? Shall I switch any connectors on the drives or just insert the SSD into the M.2 slot and and after reboot the system will automatically recognize it as primary drive? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.