Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook Envy 14-j005TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp notebook was running smoothly and played games at 60 fps without problems, there was a problem in Bluetooth and I went to a computer shop where the guy updated the BIOS hopping to fix the Bluetooth. Updating the BIOS didn't fix the problem and on the other hand strange problem appeared. The laptop runs games smoothly at 60  fps until the temperature rises a little then all of a sudden the frames lowers to around 45 fps and continues that way, if I monitored the laptop metrics I find out that the fps drop occurs when the CPU temperature arises (to not too high temperature of like 76) and then the CPU percentage usage drops from 100% to 55% or less meaning that the CPU reduced its performance to protect itself from something like overheating I guess but too early as in the past it could reach more than 80 C and the game is still smooth, Can anyone help me how to get my laptop performance high again without this early throttling caused by BIOS update? 

Does anyone think of another problem than throttling? how to fix it?

Does reinstalling a fresh windows will downgrade the BIOS or the BIOS version is not related to windows??

Please any help I need my high performance as soon as possible

if anyone from hp support can rescue me with the previous BIOS version as the site only offers the latest version which is "Insyde F.50", these are my laptop specifications:

hp envy notebook 14-j005TX

Product Number: N1V54PA

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Omarzzz, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the fan speed is not increasing as the temperature increases. Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Recommend you to make sure all the drivers are updated using HP Support Assistant. Click here for assistance. 

Please run an extensive test on your computer to make sure all the components are working fine. Click here for assistance. 

Reset the BIOS to defaults and check. 

If the issue persists, as you have mentioned that an earlier BIOS update fixed the issue, you can rollback the BIOS to an older version. 

To rollback BIOS, shut down the computer and while holding down Win + B turn the computer ON. Refer to this HP Article for assistance.  

You can also refer to the below articles for assistance. 

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply at first,

unfortunately I've tried all these solutions and it didn't work,

- I've updated all my drivers from hp support assistance and from official hp site.

- I've run an extensive test to the laptop components, no errors

- And when I try to rollback my bios version using official older bios versions from hp site (current is F50, previous are F49, F48, F46, F45, F44, F36 and F35) the installer says "This BIOS update is not compatible with this device" although these BIOS VERSIONS are from hp official site for this laptop, HOW!!

Omarzzz_0-1615575924223.png

- When I try to roll back by holding Win+B buttons, the Caps look flashes twice, turns off for about a second then repeats (which means from blinkning code there is a BIOS corruption error I guess)

- When I try to roll back BIOS from HP hardware diagnoses it says "BIOS rollback failed, BIOS image file specified is not intended for this system" or "Unable to open BIOS signature file"

With all the respect to you I think that the main problem is that the laptop is throttling early not a fan issue as I can hear the fan spinning in high speed for a minute or less before the CPU utilization drop to 50%, I can fell the laptop with my hands and its not warm or hot it is indeed cool (I have this laptop for 4 years, it has been hotter a lot and working way better)

Please help to fix this problem as I am trying for days and ita not fixed, if you have any solution for this or any way to force BIOS roll back please help me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.