Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Did you swap the CPU and the GPU at the same time? What was the original CPU in that motherboard? If your computer had an i5 before you changed it, then it is not compatible with an i7. If this is the case, reinstall the original i5 and then see if it detects the new graphics card. If this is the case you'll have to find a motherboard that originally had an i7. Additionally, the i5 mobo supports a max of 16GB of RAM, while the i7 board supports 32GB. You can upgrade an i5 board to a better i5, and you can upgrade an i7 board to a better i7, but you CANNOT upgrade i5 to i7 in this laptop. No display at all sounds like a deeper issue, because it should still at least display the BIOS and such. Does it POST?

HP Recommended

Hi Seymour

Seems the prob is much more deeper than simply connecto to the HP driver page.
A driver needs an hardware target that the system "knows"... and in my case the system can't "see" the K5100 graphic card.
As stated in other reply in this thread, the prob is inside the bios of the graphic card (btw: the graphic card seems work well in a Zbook 8770w notebook series... but not in the Elitebook series!... It's all about a f***ing marketing issue, not a real hardware incompatibility!!!)
Some people - around in the web - know how to manipulate the graphic card bios (just changing 1 simply statement line of the code!) and flashing it on the graphic card ... but over knowing what to do... you needs another notebook with the graphi card installed and you must flash it from another connected notebook.
The long short... i put the K5100back  on ebay! I'll try to get a K5010 that seems to be the maximum for the Elitebook (btw; i need Windows for the DAW and VST and other software i have on my Elitebook 8770w... so... no Linux option!).
TNX anyway and Happy Xmas... bye.
Antonio

HP Recommended

So there is a limitation installation for gtx980 , that's looks like the beast!

Someone has installed this gpu on 8770w?

HP Recommended

I have the motherbodard 8760w yet, and some people has installed difference bios on 8770w from other brand.

I figure out it is possible to insall also on 8760w as test difference bios, like zbook 17 bios to install nvdia quadro p2000,

Let me know thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.