hackie
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

EliteBook X360 1040 G6 powers USB port when off even when disabled in BIOS

HP Recommended
EliteBook X360 1040 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My question is basically the same as in EliteBook 8470p shutting off charging from USB charging port , but for a different device.

I shutdown the device, plug off the power supply of my docking (thunderbolt), and the network port is still blinking.

Even when I plug the docking station when the notebook is off, it gets power from the notebook.

I think I found the option in the BIOS setup and disabled it, but it doesn't change anything.

20210305_195319.jpg

In case the photo is not visible: The option I disabled is "USB Legacy Port Charging"

After a weekend with my notebook turned off on the docking without external power supply, the battery is so low that it shows a battery warning after logging in.

Did I miss anything to disable this USB power when off?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation