Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yowandbm
Level 1
9 5 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elitebook 850 G3 has SATA or NVMe M2 slot?

Elitebook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I have HP EliteBook 850 G3, SKU Number: T9X18EA#BED (is it product number?) Product Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]

I am almost positive that M2 slot inside my laptop has SATA connection and not NVMe. Can anyone tell me if Im wrong?

I watched some videos and saw some pictures of SATA and NVMe slots and when I opened my laptop the slot looked like NVMe, according to pin positions on the connector.

Can someone elaborate on this and perhaps tell me if I have NVMe based on my product number, maybe?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,556 7,969
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@yowandbm

Look at page 2.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=7815299&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04...

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
yowandbm
Level 1
9 5 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you very much for blazing fast answer!

You made me happy telling me I can put inside M2 PCIe NVMe disc, and if you tell me that I can make it 1st bootable device and install system on it there will be no end to my luck

LoL

Can I use M2 PCIe NVMe SSD as my system drive?

I am waiting for my laptop to arrive, I dont have it in my hands and Im having trouble finding all these answers on the internet, but luckily I came to the right place 😉

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation