Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8560w
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I have a HP EliteBook 8560w SM858UC. My video card has stopped rendering properly or it has died and I was wondering what the highest upgrades are for that motherboards CPU and graphics?
Also, I am wondering if it is at all possible that I can upgrade my motherboard to allow for a faster CPU and graphics card?
Thank you for any help you can give because I cannot find any info regarding upgrades.
19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@Ccook7

What GPU and CPU do you have installed now???

REO

HP Recommended
No clue because the hardware dose not have any info on them (other then some random numbers) and my video card is dead so I cannot check with the laptop. I can take a picture of them if that helps.
HP Recommended

@Ccook7

It would be nice to know because there are 3 GPU cards and many CPU's you can use.

Look at page 23-24.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03424153

REO

HP Recommended
The GPU is a Nvidia and has a p/n number and a CT number. The CPU has some random numbers all over it. I ordered the Nvidia 2gb GPU off eBay to fix the laptop and will see what the thing is running when I get the display to work.
HP Recommended

@Ccook7

Did you order the NVIDIA Quadro 2000M graphics card 652674-001

The 2000M is the better of the 2.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-2000M-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-1000M/m7776vsm7836

REO

HP Recommended
This is the one I ordered: Nvidia Quadro 2000M 2GB MXM A 3.0 Video Card 0PMY8Y.
HP Recommended

@Ccook7

thumbsup[1].png

Good choice.

REO

HP Recommended

I just recieved the GPU and when i installed it, my laptop will not turn on (or charge) and it is making a very high pitched beeping sound (that is comming from the new GPU). Either my motherboard does not support it, the GPU is bad, or the wrong GPU was sent...

HP Recommended

Do you have the correct fan and heatsink installed as well? The two go together. 

For use in computers with NVIDIA Quadro 2000M graphics cards 652677-001

Oddly the AMD Firepro and the 1000M use the same fan/heatsink and the 2000M uses a different one. 

See p. 24 of the Manual here:

Manual

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.