Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi.

I was hoping to get a suggestion for this issue here. After upgrading to the latest Synaptics Forcepad driver for the Folio 1040, I'm having trouble with the 'force' clicks. I have Windows 8.1 x64 installed. Reverting to the previous driver works fine but the CPU usage is really high, which seems to be fixed in the newer driver. However, while the 'tapping' clicks work fine, no force-based gestures (like press down to scroll faster) are working. The edge swipes for the charms bar and app switching works, however. The only problem is it's not detecing force anymore.

What could be the problem? I went through the ForcePad settings and everything is as configured on the old driver.

Help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Khawarspirit, and welcome to the HP Forums!

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at HP Enterprise Business Community

I hope this helps.

Regards,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

There is a newer driver since you posted this question that released December 2014.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6569464&swItemId=ob_145042_1&swEnvOid=415...

It provides the following enhancements:

Provides the option in the driver user interface to disable the touchpad when an external USB mouse is connected to the notebook. NOTE: The default setting is 'disabled’.

For ForcePad units:
- Adds a ForcePad Finger Force Bar to the desktop in the lower right of the screen. The ForcePad Finger Force Bar shows how much pressure is being applied to the ForcePad. The Finger Force Bar can be disabled or hidden using the ForcePad Settings accessed from the desktop icon or the tray icon.
- Provides the updated ForcePad Tutorial desktop icon. The ForcePad Tutorial walks you through how to use the ForcePad on your HP notebook.
- Adds improvements to ACM 2.0 (Accidental Contact Mitigation) to provide smoother mouse cursor movement.

If you find my solution helpful, please click the "Thumbs Up"!

I work for HP.

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just want to know if we can disable the forcepad? I am facing an issue with my forcepad, it is detecting force when I move my fingure on the mousepad. The last version of the forcepad setting has a disable button but after the new updates I can't find. 

Kindly suggest any other software or any other solution. 

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.