Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Envy 15 j000ec IPS screen?

HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 j000ec
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi!

I would like to replace default poor quality TN fullHD panel on my Envy 15 j000ec with fullHD IPS panel. According to official Maintenance and Service Guide, there is an IPS panel available:

15.6-in, full high-definition (FHD),
white light-emitting diode (WLED),
BrightView (1920×1080), slim (3.2-
mm), UWVA (IPS), color gamut
72%, typical brightness 300 nits,
16:9 aspect ratio

Is this particular panel set only for TouchScreen display assembly(720550-001)?  Or is it also possible to buy as subassembly (just panel without webcam/microphone, etc)? If it's possible, how could I find it without spare part number and where could I buy it (Europe)? Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,870 44,646 7,206 12,773
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The IPS panel is apparently only offered in a package with the entire touchscreen assembly but that does not mean you cannot replace your display panel with an IPS panel with the same physical layout and connectors. 

This ebay auction shows your screen panel layout:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-6-1920x1080-LED-Screen-for-HP-720557-001-LCD-LAPTOP-NON-TOUCH-B156HTN03-2...

Its a 15.6 inch with the 40 pin rear lower right side connector. 

This one would work and it is shipped from UK:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-LG-LP156WF4-SLBA-SL-BA-Laptop-Screen-15-6-LED-FHD-Genuine-IPS-Pa...

I did not do any serious searching and I am sure it could be found cheaper, and probably an even higher spec screen. "IPS" is kind of a vague description these days and the devil is in the actual spec details.  

Let us know if you need any more help.

if this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
OkiGraphics
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, positive message for me - I'll do a research.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation