Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy m6-1150sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I've had my laptop for a number of years but there is nothing wrong with it as it's been looked after but the battery is starting to fail so does anyone know where I can buy a replacemnet battery for it. I'm finding it hard to find because the parts for it have been discontinued. I've looked on ebay and have bought one but it was false advertisement and didn't work in my laptop so I now don't trust the site. 

Any help would be appreciated

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This UK-based seller has nearly 20,000 feedback at 99.6% positive:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-HP-6-cell-Battery-for-ENVY-dv6-72xxxx-dv7-72xxxx-MO06-671731-x-67...

Please accept as solution if this is the info you need,. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you in the USA? 

These are the batteries you can use:

Battery:
9-cell, 100-Wh, 3.0-Ah, Li-ion battery 672412-001
6-cell, 62-Wh, 2.8-Ah, Li-ion battery 671731-001

HP is not going to have these in stock any longer. You will have to buy from a 3rd party vendor. eBay should protect you if you got the wrong battery and the battery vendors I have dealt with are prety anxious to keep their reputation so they generally stand behind their product. eBay is not a seller they are a marketplaceso just because you had a bad experience with one seller don't go sour on all of eBay, Now, having said that we can try amazon.com. In many cases, the same sellers work on eBay and amazon but we can go to amazon and try to find a battery. The difference betwen the 6 cell and the 9 cell is the latter is bigger and will bulge out from the bottom of the laptop. 

I could not find a genuine HP logoed batery but this is a compatible one that should work:

Same idea but this is a 9-cell:

I could likely find a genuine battery on eBay and point you to a trusted seller. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer, 

Thanks for replying so quick, No I am not in the U.S. I'm in the UK.  If you could find a Genuine logoed Battery on ebay i would really appreciate it. 

Craig

HP Recommended

This UK-based seller has nearly 20,000 feedback at 99.6% positive:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-HP-6-cell-Battery-for-ENVY-dv6-72xxxx-dv7-72xxxx-MO06-671731-x-67...

Please accept as solution if this is the info you need,. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.