Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360 M6-aq105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A friend of mine asked me to look at his Envy convertible. He only had it for a short time and bought it brand new before this issue arose. It simply would not charge or power on shortly after the battery had run out of juice. There are no lights coming on either. I had gone through all of the typical HP troubleshooting techniques. 

1. Test charger with a multimeter or another compatible device. Works fine.

2. Disconnected internal battery and held the power button for up to 30 seconds. No change.

3. Reseated RAM and CMOS. No Change.

4. Replaced AC/DC connector inside the laptop. No change.

I am perplexed short of replacing the fan or perhaps the entire board itself. I do not see any other solutions. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, this unit is not under warranty.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

entire board I am sorry to say

HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt response. I wondered the same thing but thought I would ask before taking on an expense such as that. Does HP still sell the boards for these models?

HP Recommended

HP as such does not but there is a robust aftermarket and if you want a motherboard we can help you find one. 

HP Recommended

Please, that would be great!

HP Recommended

Equipped with an Intel CoreT i7-7500U 2.70-GHz (SC turbo up to 3.50-GHz) processor
(2133-MHz FSB, 4.0-MB L3 cache, dual core, 15 W) and the Windows 10 operating system
858871-601

Service Manual 

Motherboard for sale. This is a high rated seller and the price is by far the lowest I could find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ENVY-X360-M6-AQ-Laptop-15-6-Intel-i7-7500U-Motherboard-858871-601-m6-aq1...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.