Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to those who might read this.

The device in question entered service approx. 2 months ago. Only a few days afterwards, the following issues appeared when using the device as a tablet.

- The device does not enter tablet mode.

- The screen does no longer rotate automatically.

- The keyboard and touchpad are no longer automatically switched off.

A few common sources of those problems have been eliminated.

- Settings->Display: Rotation lock is disabled

- Settings->Tablet: Tablet mode switch is set to Don't ask me and always switch

As the above settings did not solve the problems and the PC was still fairly new, I decided to perform a Windows Recovery and re-installed the OS. That did also not fix the problem.

This leads me to believe this might be a hardware fault. Has anyone encountered similar circumstances before and can describe their solutions?

Regards, Maxi

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mreigl,

Thanks for engaging in the HP support community! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand that you need assistance with the tablet mode. I’ll be glad to assist you with this.

Try the few steps recommended below.

You can try updating Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver and check if that helps.

Update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from this link. Click Here

Also, You can update other drivers on the PC using an HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, try changing a few settings: 

Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected

Also, Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manager
Expand the Display Adapter section.
Find the Display card Driver.
Right-click Display card Driver and select Uninstall.
Select the checkbox to delete the driver software for this device.
Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Lastly, Change the LastOrientation registry value.

If you have problems with Rotation Lock and if the rotation isn’t working on your device, you might have to change some registry values. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + R and type Regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
When Registry Editor opens, you need to navigate to the following key in the left pane:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAutoRotation
In the right pane, find LastOrientation and double-click it.
In the Value data box enter 0 and click OK to save changes.
If you see SensorPresent DWORD available, double-click it and make sure that its value is set to 1.

Refer to this article to know more information about Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode. Click Here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hello @Praveenbv

thank you for your quick response. However, the steps you provided did not fix the issue.

- The Software you provided me to update Intel Integrated Sensor Solution throws error 0x00004E24 Platform not supported

If I were to guess at the reason it might be because of the device was delivered with an AMD processor.

- Manually switching the screen rotation through the Setting app works, however that still does not solve the issue of the keyboard not turning off.

- I uninstalled the device and rebooted the PC, however the problem still persists.

- I edited the Registry values as described and rebooted the PC, that also did not work.

Are there any other potential faults?

Regards, Maxi

HP Recommended

Hi@mreigl,

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.