2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Extend Ram to 12 GB

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac042tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , I want to extend my RAM. My system shows maxium ram limit as 16 GB,  it has 2 solts.

MY question is can place a 8 GB ram in the second slot . so that i get total 12 GB,(4+ 😎

exsisting/Default ram detail : 4 gb ,DDR3 ,single chanel,1600 MHZ, 

RAM i want to place: 8 GB ,DDR3 DUAL CHANNEL 1600MHZ MODEL ID (M471B1G73QH0-YK0 PC3L- 12800S)

Please suggest if this combination works or i shall go with similar rams and make 8 gb (4+4) combination.

Thanku .

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,838 4,808 510 1,114
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It will work but you may see better performance matching the memory, ie 8 gb modules instead of mixing 4 and 8. More is always better. I have a Zbook with 16 Gig and I can run a VM with HP webjet admin running and it does not even break a sweat.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

but i want more ram for multi tasking.Will my 12(4+8) combination works better or (4+4) works better for this porpose.I wish not to waste money on un used ram ,so asking this again,

Thank for the quick response.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation