Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi all, I am having the same issue, while connecting my HP Spectre to external monitor. I have tried different powerpoint, changed my HDMI cable, and changed my monitor, however the problem persist. will be grateful if I can get some advice?

thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I have the following issues.

Problem 1:

I have an HP ENVY Notebook (Bang & Olufsen, 18 months old), with 2, 34" curved Dell monitors connected to it. I started having issues one of the monitors almost from the start. At one point I did not have this issue for three weeks, so I thought it had gone away. But for the last couple of months it has become too annoying to ignore. It is more than a flicker, the monitor goes dark for a couple of seconds, with a clicking sound, then the picture comes back. 

One monitor is connected to the internal HDMI port, the other one is connected to another HDMI port via a HP USB-C to multi-port hub. I noticed that the issue was with the monitor connected to the internal HDMI port, so I replaced the HDMI cable, it did not help. I switched the monitors, so now issue is on the 2nd monitor, which is connected to the main HDMI port.

In short, the problem is with my internal HDMI port. I have used two different monitors and 3 different HDMI cables. No matter what monitor / cable I have connected to the external HDMI port, it does not have this issue, the problem is always on the internal HDMI port.

Problem 2:

I have a brand new EliteBook, connected to two monitors via a docking station and have the exact problem as with my personal laptop. The monitors are HP, about 3 years old. I had a HP "Loaner" laptop for about two months, and it had the same issue.

I hope someone can provide some light into this issue.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.