Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ce004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am interested in buying an external SSD for my Omen 15-ce004na and was wondering which one I could buy. I was looking at a price range of £50-£70, and was hoping for the fastest read/write speeds possible. Would this work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-Portable-compatible-Thunderbolt-APS-XS02-240/dp/B076Q4QC3N/ref=mp_s... Could someone please leave a few suggestions.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Probably one of the best on the market is the Samsung T5

I see one hear which costs a little more than the one you linked however has twice the capacity and much faster

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Portable-SSD-T5-500GB/dp/B074MCM721/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=samsung%2Bt...

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

What Read/Write speeds could I achieve on my laptop with this SSD? I just did a test on my current HDD and got 112.2 MB/s read and 106.1 MB/s Write. How much faster would this SSD be?

HP Recommended

I guess it depends on what kind of files are being transfered, Withe 3.1 gen1 port being used you should get max 450MB/s

Take a look at some of the reviews online.

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Naturally, you could upgrade the drives inside your PC.

You could insert an M2 PCIe NVMe SSD drive in the notebook which will be much faster than any external drive.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this is not an option for me because a couple of the screws in the bottom of my laptop are broken and I haven’t found any way to remove them. If you have any suggestions they will be massively appreciated. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Can you post a closeup picture of the broken screws?

If you bring to your local smartphone/computer shop they will be able to remove them.  They can create a new grip on the head or even drill them out.

In worse case scenario you could even replace the base enclosure.

Regards,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.