Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook 15-ae178 (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to pull up my HP system information through the combination of FN-ESC keys but it's not responding at all.  I tried uninstalling  my HP System Event Utility, restart my computer  and installing again under my HP server update but the result remained the same. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-15-ae100-notebook-pc-touch/850264...

I was instructed to follow the Enable/Disable Action Keynode guideline. When I boot up my computer to go into BIOS mode >System Configuration > Action Key mode to disable it and restart my computer again and login to my window,  the FNkeys  works with f1-f12 but not with esc. 

I  went far to uninstall/reinstall my keyboard driver under device manager and restart my computer again  and or troubleshoot my Hardware and devices and Keyboard but still no luck.  I need someone to sort things out for me thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@WizCraft I understand your concern and I suggest you try using CTRL + ALT + S keys to get the product details as this works on most consumer HP devices,

If not, the steps suggested via Win+R is the only option available to you.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@WizCraft Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I must let you know that the Fn+ESC function isn't available for all computers, in fact, the function doesn't exist on the new Win10 OS,

And You can open "System information" by opening Windows Run dialog ("Windows key + R" shortcut or Right click on the Start button and select "Run" from the pop-up menu), type "msinfo32" in Run dialog, and click on OK button.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well it used to work on my computer and my Window version is 1803 so I havn't really updated it since then so I don't know if the functional keys  are  also not applicable for this OS Build version? 

I'm aware that I can open the system information but I like to open the shortkeys instead since I find it much more convenient but if there is no solution for this, then thanks anyway. 

HP Recommended

@WizCraft I understand your concern and I suggest you try using CTRL + ALT + S keys to get the product details as this works on most consumer HP devices,

If not, the steps suggested via Win+R is the only option available to you.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Alright, even through nothing really works, you saved me the trouble with a response you made. Thanks for your time

HP Recommended

@WizCraft I'm glad I could help with everything I had.
Take care and have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.