Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 (2Y4A9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello to everyone. My problem is simple. When I control my "Omen Gaming Hub", my fan speed is between 2200-2500 RPM and there is a wheezing sound like rubber rubbing. In the past, when I ticked the "Dynamic Fan Curve (CPU Fan)" option, I was getting 2000 RPM and this sound was not happening. Now this setting doesn't work either. It is not a constant sound, it is constantly increasing and decreasing rapidly. It's a pretty annoying sound. It's definitely not normal. Just like the buzzing of mosquitoes, which are constantly approaching and moving away from the ear. I bought the product 1 month ago and this problem has been present for 1 month. I'm thinking of sending it to the service, but I wanted to ask you if there is an alternative option other than I am using the computer actively. Or I'm wondering if there is another user experiencing the same issue.

Thank you in advance for your interest my friends 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @k242839y 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice. 

From what I have understood, you are facing fan-related issues while using Omen Gaming Hub. Do not worry, we are here to help you with it.

May I know if it happens only while using Omen Gaming Hub?

Could you please try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists? Here is a link that will help you: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2857204-2362249-16 

If that doesn't work, please boot your system in the safe mode and observe if the issue persists in the safe mode: Here is a link that will help you.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I'm sorry for the late reply. I have tried these solutions before. Ways I've tried;
- Installing Win 11 updates.
- BIOS update.

I don't think it will be 2200 RPM in safe mode because the system is not forced, but I will try and get back to you.

HP Recommended

Sure.

Do try and let me know the outcome of it.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I had the same problem when I booted the system in safe mode. I guess now take it to service of last resort.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.