Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Other

My fan speeds up when I get online. It also heats up. It's annoying as all get out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@U2ammon

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that the fan on your HP Pavilion g6 series laptop speeds up when you go online. Secondly, the laptop also overheats. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Did this issue start after any update or software changes?

Did any other hardware changes take place on the laptop prior to this issue?

During my research, I came across the following steps that should help to fix this issue:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop. 
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Also, please perform the suggested steps form this HP document. These steps should help to make the fan stable and work normal and also reduce the heat in the laptop.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@U2ammon

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that the fan on your HP Pavilion g6 series laptop speeds up when you go online. Secondly, the laptop also overheats. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Did this issue start after any update or software changes?

Did any other hardware changes take place on the laptop prior to this issue?

During my research, I came across the following steps that should help to fix this issue:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop. 
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Also, please perform the suggested steps form this HP document. These steps should help to make the fan stable and work normal and also reduce the heat in the laptop.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

i believe that it is working without running on high. Thanks Mkazi, you're good people. 

HP Recommended

@U2ammon

You're most welcome and thank you for your kind words. It keeps us going. 🙂

Glad to hear that the the fan is working without running high and hope it remains that way.

Feel free to keep me posted for any further assistance. It is an honor to share this platform with you. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.