Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-q667nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey, my laptop recently got an error 90b and stopped working. We tried everything on the internet but nothing was working. So I decided to replace the fan. So what would be a fan that fits in my PC. What upgrades would you recommend? Any good tutorials on how to do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Huffer

He should be able to order the part via HP PartSurfer. I just checked and it is there. Use the 15-q667nr and then the specific product number, which is T0W20UA.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Unfortunately your model is not too common and there is no Service manual posted here. I will bump this up the line and see if maybe we can find one. I think your model is closely related to the M6 series but I cannot figure out exactly which one. There will be no upgrade. You MUST use the HP part number fan/heatsink designed for your laptop. 

HP Recommended
Ok thanks. Is there any place where I could buy the part I need from HP. Or anywhere where I could figure out which part it is that I need?
HP Recommended

Hang on. HP is supposed to get me a link to the right service manual. You could also look up the phone number in HP Partsurfer and call the Parts Department. They might (probably do) have access to the parts list. 

HP Recommended

@Huffer

He should be able to order the part via HP PartSurfer. I just checked and it is there. Use the 15-q667nr and then the specific product number, which is T0W20UA.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.