Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillon 14 ce1007nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I just bought a pavillon 14 ce1007nl. And there is an annoying problem. The fan is very noisy. It does a whistle that i can't work with. I just can't stand it. I never heard a laptop making a noise like that. 

The laptop is new. Bought from the official hp italian store.

If you have any advice, i'll be gratefull.

If i don't solve this problem in a week I'm going to return it.

Thank you! Good day

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If your computer has a warranty, you can use it to have the laptop repaired or replaced free of charge, I think...

HP Recommended

Yup, I'll probably do that. I just wanted to see i f there is an easier solution.

So if anybody has any advice it's welcome!

Thanks anyway for the tip Hyp3rDeath101!

HP Recommended

If the warranty hasn't expired, you can certainly use it to hace any problems with your device fixed by a professional. Don't take apart your computer yourself if its warranty is still good, because doing so will void the warranty. And if any of the essential components of the computer are damaged while you were taking it apart, you wouldn't be able to use the warranty, as it had been voided.

HP Recommended

However, if the warranty on the device has already expired, you are free to take it apart. Just be very careful while taking it apart. Always ground yourself by touching metal that is on solid ground, and, if possible, also get an anti-static wristband that can connect to something metal. On Amazon, there is a toolkit available for around $20 USD. Also always unplug the power cord and anything in the USB ports. Then take out the battery, and then press the power button for up to 30 seconds. That will eliminate any electricity that could be inside, and also makes sure that you won't possibly get shocked. Some components, like the fan or keyboard, can be replaced for quite a low price. For example, I had to get a new keyboard for my laptop, and it only cost me around $15 USD. The fan would also be around the same price.

HP Recommended

Wow thanks for everything! 

I bought it last week, so the warranty is still on. The fan began to whistle right out of the box, since I turned it on the first time.

HP Recommended

You're welcome! I hope your computer will have no issues after you get it back!

(Made a new account because I messed up when I changed the email address...)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.