Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a feature request post.

I'd like to request for the Battery Care BIOS function to be added for HP Pavilion 15-series laptops. It isn't available as of the latest BIOS version I'm running, and it'd be a great feature to have.

The Battery Care function allows the maximum charge to be restricted to 50%, 80% etc. as per the user's choice. Enabling this limitation is known to extend the life of a laptop battery.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello? Any update on this? Or is this not the right board to ask on?

If so, could someone point me to a board meant for feature requests?

HP Recommended

I Don't Think this will be accessible . because the charging circuit is the separate part from main BIOS Controller and just check the output Voltage with the Hard-Reference(not soft) and Break the charging or allow it . but this Is good Idea for future Main-Board Design . 

HP Recommended

Do you mean it's not accessible for the Pavilion 15-series? Because HP has already implemented it in newer models.

Also, some models initially didn't have this feature, but got it with later BIOS updates. So I'm hoping the same can happen for the Pavilion 15-cc1xx/cc130tx.

HP Recommended

I had a 2015 Model Of pavilion and now I have the newer version Pavilion 15 cs00xx . I figured out that the Charging circuit is the same in them . they have a chipset in battery package that control charging break or allow and this part is Separate from main controller . . but if any update on this  let me know More . this will be useful  🙂     

[personal information removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.