Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
PAVILION 15 AU623TX

I just want to know if I have a M2.e slot for upgrading to SSD or not, (INDIAN) model of HP-AU623TX. If yes which is supported ex. Samsung EVO 500 M2.e SATA 2280 2260 2240?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

I have checked the Link, as i mentioned previously the best way is to open it if there is no SSD slot you don't need to waste your money. if there is no drive installed the port will not show that it is empty.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi There,

This link is for the maintenance and service guide you can find the where the M.2 slot is located. The unit supports M.2 2280.

Regards,

Thumbs up if solved.

HP Recommended

It's in the manual but is there anything else to make sure of instead of looking into hardware? I've seen many threads telling HP hasn't provided them the M.2 SSD Slot, how'd I make sure? In my Intel Disk Management it says Port 2 Empty, can I be sure with that?

HP Recommended

The best way to check and if you replacing it yourself is buy opening the base enclosure.

But if the user guide is saying it is there it should there 🙂

Regards,

HP Recommended

clipboard_image_0.png

This image show that there actually is an empty port but am I to believe the software? (WITHOUT ACTUALLY OPENING THE LAPTOP's TOP)? HP now shows there's no more support available for my device, I can't even contact them so only forum's left.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The ports in intel RST, they might not refer to the M.2 slot on the unit. As I mentioned previously as long as the maintenance and service guide says and shows that there is an M.2 Slot, that me there is. if you enter your S/N on to the Support website and search for your unit you will get to your product page and your will find under user guide the same document I sent.

Regards,

HP Recommended

I'd like you to read this https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-machine-HP-pavilion-15-au62...

And let me know then, is manual always correct? I'm telling you I can;t even contact support.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

I have checked the Link, as i mentioned previously the best way is to open it if there is no SSD slot you don't need to waste your money. if there is no drive installed the port will not show that it is empty.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.