Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear All, Salaam and Hi

I  just purchased HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 (a used one). The first thing I did after the purchase was to update the Windows. Now it is running on Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, Build 19042.1237. There are a couple of questions that I need to ask

1. Fingerprint sensor is not working. I have installed the driver using HP Support Assistant but had no success. I even installed it manually, still no success and I am getting the same error. While face unlock is working like a charm. I have no idea whether it was working before or not. Any suggestions? 

This is the following driver that I have installed Synaptics VFS7552 WBF Touch Fingerprint Driver.

2. Since I use this laptop for travelling, I am looking for some alternative type C charger that may be budget-friendly.  Can I use a 65W GaN technology charger and cable from Baseus? Are HP laptops are compatible with it?

3. As I didn't receive a stylus with it. I am thinking to buy one. I am not a designer by any means so I just need some stylus that may do very basic stuff. So is can you suggest to me any economical option? 

Looking forward.

F.

Faisalabad-PK

SharedScreenshot Fingerprint.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@faryal_saeed 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05355646#AbT10

1. USB-C charger: You can use the following chargers

• HP 65 W Smart AC Adapter
  • HP 65 W Smart AC Adapter EM
  • HP 65 W Smart USB Type-C AC Adapter
2. Finger Print: That is an option, do you know old user did buy this option ? Ask him/her.

3. Stylus: I know it works with stylus. I used to have an HP x360 1030 G2 as a loan machine. But I had to donate it to charity . You can use

• HP Active Pen with App Launch
  • T4Z24AA
  • HP PN: 839082-003
  • HP SPS: 846410-001
Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.