rehsif02
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fn key no longer works

OMEN by HP - 17-w151nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Simply, my fn button doesn't work at all. By default, I can use the F1 - F12 keys, but I can't use their secondary functions because the fn button isn't reading keystrokes.

I can always go into the BIOS and switch F1-F12 to their respective action keys, but then I couldn't use F1-F12.... because my FN key doesn't work.
Possible solutions:

1) Restore functionality to my FN key, allowing me to hold FN and a F1 - F12 key to get the action keys.

2) Is there a way to toggle FN lock on HP omens without entering BIOS? Then I could use my F keys as normal, but when I need to turn key lighting on, dim the screen, etc., I could toggle the FN lock while I made the switch

3) Is there a way to turn on/off key lights, dim screen, etc. without using F keys?

Best,

Dave

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
17,832 17,777 1,657 3,912
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fn key no longer works

@rehsif02 

There is a freeware app known as SharpKeys that allows you to map any key to about any function.  IF this work, you might be able map a key combination to perform the same as the Fn key.

You would have to search online for it, download and install it -- but you would then be using it at your own risk.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation