Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre Folio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking for a new laptop but will buy one in 2021 because that is when I will apply to college. I wanted to buy a Spectre Folio but it will be older by the time I buy a laptop so I had some suggestions for a future model from the perspective of a college student.

• Keep the leather! It’s professional and would fit into a college or business environment while still being unique.
  • Keep the fanless design! Even with quiet fans, in a library or quiet classroom any noise could be embarrassing, which is why I am looking for a fanless or super quiet laptop.
  • Keep the outstanding battery life! As a highly mobile student this is also something that attracted me to this device. All day battery is super important.
  • Keep the pen and usb-c to usb-a adapter as included accessories, but find a better way to store the pen with the device other than the flimsy sticky strap.
  • 5G! Adding 5G support as an option on the new release would be a DEALBREAKER for me! College WiFi is terrible sometimes, and I would love to connect to the internet with this device while traveling on the 5G speeds that will be taking over soon.
  • Upgrade the processor so it can handle more while still keeping a fanless design and great battery life. I understand there is a limit that comes with this but it should be at least a little better than what is in the current release. Maybe quad-core?
  • Fix the leather binding. I have heard and seen that the leather splits on the edges which is terrifying for such an expensive device with average specs. Make the binding stronger and make sure the leather is more durable.
  • Add more colors or at least black. I would 100% buy it next year if there was a black leather option.

Thank you for listening and I can’t wait to see what you release with the Spectre Folio next! Would buy it if it had these features next year. If there is a way that whoever sees this could forward it to the department that works on this device I would be so grateful when my dream laptop comes out next year.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I agree with you, I am also have much interests with the HP spectre folio and want to buy 1, but all the reviews and comments about the leather splitting, touch pad and Wifi just lower my interest. Especially, the leather, one of the most significant signature of this product, HP should really make some improvement with the splitting at the edge of the machine, as I learn, it usually happen within 2-4 months after, even lightly used. Over 1000 $ for a machine which has such negative points, I would rather pick 500-700$ other HP laptop for my daily works.  Another thing is color, there are a lot of advertisement about bordeaux burgundy color but now there is nothing in the HP store official website even though I am ready to buy. I sent my request to a support staff and it seem like she didn't know that the red one is existed. Hopefully, HP make some attention on the HP spectre folio which is called a premium product.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.