Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre G1 or 360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi.  I had the motherboard go out on an HP Spectre 360 13-4002dx.  The repair service I'm using is suggesting that they can cannibalize an HP Spectre G1 motherboard and put it in my computer.  I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or experience with this type of process - will the G1 motherboard be compatible with my computer?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would go on eBay and contact one of these repair shops. They may have a board laying around. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-SPECTRE-X360-13-4000-13-4103DX-Laptop-Motherboard-Flat-Rate-Repair-Servi...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Not even. If you look at the two laptops the 13-4000 has ports on the side. The Spectre Pro G1 has only USB-C Thunderbolt ports on the back. Also just looking at the diagram of the two motherboards they are shaped nothing alike. Not sure how they plan to configure the swap. 

If you want to keep using the 13-4000 the best thing is to send the motherboard to a chip-level repair shop. Several have long running "auctions" on eBay and we have a few specific suggestions and prior success stories. Cost runs $100-150 which is I am sure much less than Herr von Braun and the other rocket scientists at your repair shop want to charge you. 

HP Recommended

Thanks!  The place I have the computer at is reputable - they were the ones that saw that a previous repair shop had botched an attempted fix that took out that part of the motherboard so they can't do component repair at this point.  I can't get the original shop to own up to their failure - they didn't charge me anything and since the computer wasn't working anyway, it's impossible to prove that they were the culprits.  The shop now didn't have time to do the comparison, so I told them I'd take a stab at trying to find out.  Anyway, I appreciate your feedback and looks like I'll have to go motherboard hunting somewhere else... 🙂

HP Recommended

I would go on eBay and contact one of these repair shops. They may have a board laying around. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-SPECTRE-X360-13-4000-13-4103DX-Laptop-Motherboard-Flat-Rate-Repair-Servi...

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Have been.  Not a common board/system, so prices are somewhat higher than the computer is worth.  Have a local shop doing some hunting for me.  Thanks again...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.