cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

GPU Upgrade for 8570p

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8570p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

I'd like to upgrade the graphics card of my 8570p.

CPU: Intel i7 3740QM @ 2.70GHz with integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7570M

What possibilities are available?

Could I  eventually run an external graphics card?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
72 71 8 20
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi @KankiZ

Please check the specifications : Page 6

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04111460.pdf

Graphics :

AMD FirePro™ M4000 with 1 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.1/4.1+capable

AMD Eyefinity Technology supports up to five independent displays* when using an HP Advanced Docking station (sold separately)

NVIDIA Quadro K1000M with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.2 capable

NVIDIA Quadro K2000M with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.2 capable

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sidharth-A

Thank you for your very fast answer.:smileyhappy:

So there are only 3 supported graphics cards and those are not strong enough for gaming...

Is there any other option to upgrade graphics, maybe a compatible external graphics card ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,981 42,769 6,848 11,967
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

It's worse than you think. The specs given above are for the 8570w, which is a different machine. The 8570p has soldered-on video whether it is discrete or integrated. So, basically there is no upgrade except to swap out the whole motherboard. It does not have an MXM slot. And there is no external video option on that generation of hardware that is worth discussing. 

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Huffer

Thanks for your competent answer.
Too bad there is no adequate solution.

Greetings
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation