Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

During gaming sessions my gpu (mx130) overheats to 90°C and , as a consequence , it throttles which translates to huge fps drops which make games unplayable. The notebook is not advertised as a gaming model so its is not ment to be used for gaming yet I wonder if it is somehow possible to fix this issue, for example by substituting the thermal paste. Notice the notebook is not even 6 months old. Can it also be related to the power settings?

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

Additional screenshot to help figuring out the problemPLUGGEN INPLUGGEN INON BATTERYON BATTERYOnly GPU info: from plugged in to batteryOnly GPU info: from plugged in to batteryThis last one is tricky: it happens very rarely when PLUGGED IN. I suppose this is the right behaviour but but rarely happens.This last one is tricky: it happens very rarely when PLUGGED IN. I suppose this is the right behaviour but but rarely happens.

HP Recommended

My post has been ignored for days but the problem still persist and in my opinion it is very serious since it is very likely that the gpu can damage itself due to the high temperatures. It is unacceptable that a notebook lets the gpu running to these such high temperature values. Is it defective? Should I RMA it? 

HP Recommended

i've the same problem when i play with games on mx 130 in the same laptop, and this time the laptop says me "battery connected, but not charging" the laptop is new, have 6 months...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.