Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0065nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm experiencing a very annoying problem when playing videogames on my notebook HP Notebook - 15-da0065nl with gpu model Nvidia mx130 2gb. Basically when the AC adapter is plugged in the game keeps stutter for about 5-10 secs making the game unplayable. This occurs every 30-1 min more or less. As soon as I unplug the adapter and use the BATTERY, the game becomes extremely smooth. This bizarre behaviour forces me to play on the battery but it depletes rapidly. Below the screenshots of MSI Afterburner which shows the temperature and usage graph. 

How do I solve this? Any help is appreciated!

AC adapterAC adapterbatterybattery

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ale758

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

I would suggest you enable Fast Start-Up on the system and check if it helps. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes. 
5. Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
6. Restart the computer.

Try updating the BIOS, chipset and graphics drivers on the PC to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the chipset drivers using this link. Click Here

Update the graphics driver using this link. Click Here

Follow the below steps to run Power troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3. Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

4. Click on Power.

5. Click on Advanced on the Power dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

6. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.

Also, you can to run System maintenance troubleshooter and check if this helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

2. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

3. Click on view all and click on System maintenance.

4. Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

5. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System maintenance troubleshooter.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot lock up or freezing issues with PC. Click Here

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware on your laptop is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.