Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been having persistent dx11 error issues when I play Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV). It happens without fail for certain dungeons, raids, trials, and story cutscenes. It makes the most recent content of the game unplayable. I did check before I purchased this laptop and made sure its specs met FFXIV's minimum & recommended requirements, so it should ideally run the game.

I have done the following:

• Check all drivers to make sure everything was up to date
  • Go into NVIDIA control panel and assign FFXIV to play using the NVIDIA graphics card
  • Reinstall dx11 just in case the version it came with wasn't updated
  • Uninstall and reinstall the entire game twice (each time taking 7-9 days for me to download, so that was a waste of over two weeks)
  • I have also tried rebooting PC, not opening any other programs, to see if it runs by itself.
  • Checked my firewalls
  • Troubleshooted compatibility and tried to run it as an earlier version
  • Contact Final Fantasy XIV support (but it's been over a month and I haven't heard from them since I gave them my specs).

Some things to know:

• I put FFXIV on an external hard drive since this this PC has next-to no space (my 10+ year old PS3 has more storage than this PC)
  • I've already disabled almost all programs from booting up when the PC starts

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GoodnightMonkey, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) developed by Microsoft to handle tasks related to game programming and multimedia on all Microsoft-affiliated platforms. The collection of APIs provides DirectX-compatible programs with hardware-accelerated multimedia support. Among other things, DirectX provides the means for a program (game or other application) to determine your hardware capabilities and adapt its parameters to provide the best experience.

Many of the APIs present in the DirectX subsystem are mandatory and should be regarded as essential to everything from simple video playback to demanding 3D video games.

That out of the way, let's check which version of Direct X you've got:

Using this built-in Windows tool can be accessed on any Windows version by opening a Run box (Windows key + R) and typing “dxdiag“.

Updating your graphics card driver

The obvious place to start in order to solve the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error is to update your graphics card drivers. There are several ways to do so, but the ideal way to do it is using the HP Support Assistant: click here for details.

try these steps  updating GEFORCE EXPERIENCE that might fix the issue 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.