Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-au062nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I use the auto detect program on the HP webpage it has me download the HP detect files but when I try to detect my sytem I get this error saying ( the requested operation requires elevation ) I have re-installed all software and driveres and the new bios but I still get this same error any idea of what this error is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In yor last quot you said that your guess was the 'elevation' is to a higher level and to right click to bring out the administrator rights and a menu would come so what should I click on.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

My guess is the 'elevation' is to a higher level.

Like Admin or System or even higher.

So if you Right Mouse click is there a menu with options to run as Administrator?

HP Recommended

What should I click on because if I right click on the webpage or on the desktop it does nothing not even a menu.

HP Recommended

Hi

No idea.

What info are you wanting?

systeminfo

msinfo32

HP Recommended

In yor last quot you said that your guess was the 'elevation' is to a higher level and to right click to bring out the administrator rights and a menu would come so what should I click on.

HP Recommended

The problem with to strange error was fixed all I have to do to fix the problem was to update windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.