Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I think any laptop must use an "M" (mobile) video card. Even the ones with MXM removeable video cards they are technically "M" versions so I think some manufacturers just drop the "M". I am not aware of the rap on Sager laptops, but it's your money. You might just get a recent copy of Laptop magazine or Maximum PC. There are 3 or 4 custom gaming laptop makers that advertise every month in those magazines and I usually pick one up whenever I am in the airport. 

HP Recommended

I was having the same concept regarding gpu for laptop with mobile video cards but the deeper i go, new things pop up like 4K display is now a days very in. Every one is willing to pay a bit more to get densed pixels on their screens for an advance graphics exprerience. Thus making me think over buying a new laptop again and again. I am definitely not lost but I don't wanna end up buying a laptop that would be of no better use in coming 2 years.  

What i really don't understand is the concept behind frame-rate and resolution and the products that come along. Some people mention that buying latest graphics card for old pc or monitor won't help cox you need higher FR lcd or monitor. Can you help me with this? 

I will check upon those magazines. Might be helpful. 

HP Recommended

Frame rate is like the speedometer for the video card. More power equals more frames per second. The higher the resolution, the more power it takes to keep the same frame rate. In order to drive an UHD (4k or even 5k) screen in demanding games at a playable frame rate, you need a powerful video card. Anything more than a year old is going to fall short. You are facing the eternal dilemna. Whatever you buy will not be the top of the line in 90 days. But this is a good time to buy as we just went through a major upgrade point; Skylake platform is a game changer and if you get something with a 6th gen i7 processor and a 4k monitor and the best video card out there now you will be good for years to come.

HP Recommended

Yep I would be stupid assuming buying the latest gadget now would not be out-dated by some other coming in years. I would look into my options and decide which one to go for. 

Thank you so much for your help Huffer. It was really great exchanging ideas with you. 

See you soon on some other topic. 

Cheers!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.