Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 14-dk1025wm
Microsoft Windows 11

IMG_20220701_184748.jpg

I have a space there, it is for HDD or SSD ? if it is for extra disk, i'm not see any connector to put HDD or SSD. Please explain to me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Neither of those. Its two plastic rails. There is a part number for it in the Manual. 

Hard drive bracket L24490-001

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403516105116?hash=item5df36f219c:g:3GwAAOSwwaRiIdfA&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

See p. 36 of the Service Manual here:

Manual 

You need a 2.5 inch SATA SSD or HDD and the caddy and cable shown in the pictures. The attachment point is a little zif connector at the upper left corner of the open spot shown in your picture. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

IMG_20220701_184748-picsay.jpg

Thank you for answering sir.

Is that where the connector is?

And on page 37 of the Service Manual marked with the number 3, there is a large connector. Is it from hdd or ssd or do i have to buy the connector myself?

HP Recommended

The connector works with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD or HDD; they are the same shape and have the same connector. Yes you would have to buy one. If the laptop is supplied from the factory with just an M.2 SSD then the adapter for a 2.5 inch is not provided. Post back if you need help finding it. 

HP Recommended

ok i found the connector in the online shop.

Now it's just the caddy that I haven't found yet. In this picture, which one should i buy?

images-picsay (1).jpeg

HP Recommended

Neither of those. Its two plastic rails. There is a part number for it in the Manual. 

Hard drive bracket L24490-001

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403516105116?hash=item5df36f219c:g:3GwAAOSwwaRiIdfA&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA...

HP Recommended

Okay sir. I see, that's why I didn't find the item, I shouldn't search by item name but by part number.

Thank you so much sir for helping me. Bless u

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.