Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14s-fq0042no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just purchased the laptop HP 14s-fq0042no with 256 GB nvme SSD and no SATA drive. Its way too small and I would like to install an additional SATA drive in it. Unfortunately no mounting bracket and SATA cable come with the laptop and now I don't know where to buy them. I would also want to know if it's even possible to put an 2.5" SSD in there before opening it in the first place, alot of manufacturers nowadays think it's a good idea to not include the space. I would prefer to purchase the parts directly from HP but anywhere on the net is fine just to be sure they would fit.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wwwte 

From manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06642370.pdf

The series does NOT support dual storage therefore NO available parts for a 2.5" HDD/SSD.

HP is following other vendors to supply ONLY M.2 slot(s) for storage. I've got 4 machines in front of me right now do not have this option, namely

• HP Elitebook 840 G5,
  • HP Envy 15-ee0xxx,
  • Microsoft Surface Pro
  • Dell Inspiron  13-7xxx

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Wwwte 

From manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06642370.pdf

The series does NOT support dual storage therefore NO available parts for a 2.5" HDD/SSD.

HP is following other vendors to supply ONLY M.2 slot(s) for storage. I've got 4 machines in front of me right now do not have this option, namely

• HP Elitebook 840 G5,
  • HP Envy 15-ee0xxx,
  • Microsoft Surface Pro
  • Dell Inspiron  13-7xxx

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you. Guess I'll just return the laptop then. Vote with your wallet people, these laptop manufacturers are getting away with murder.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.