Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , I am using HP 2000 - 2d04tu laptop. Its out of warrenty now and working very slow. I want to upgrade its HHD to SSD . I want to buy 500gb SSD but I could not see any details which SSD it will support. Can any one help me with some SSD suggestion for this laptop ? I want to buy this in India

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Generally speaking, all 2.5-inch SSDs are compatible with the system. There are no restrictions.

The Caddy seems to be compatible, the SATA and Power connection are standardized. However i dont know if you can swap the plastic cover from the old optical drive. I think it might be applicable. Only one way to find out i guess. 🤔

Unbenannt.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The Device supports any 2.5 Inch SATA SSD. Unfortunately it only has a SATA2 Interface.

You can use SATA 1, 2 and 3 SSDs but the bandwidth will be maxed out at 300 MB/s. I would therefore advise to buy a cheaper ssd model.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hey there,

both of these are credible manufacturers. I personally would recommend the Western Digital Blue, ive been using these myself for quite some time in my laptop and pc.

HP Recommended

Hi Fisker31

I want to replace 500GB HHD with 240GB SSD and also want to use a caddy for 500GB HDD. After some research, I found one SSD and caddy which are in my budget

SSD link
https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-BX500-240GB-2-5-inch-CT240BX500SSD1/dp/B07G3YNLJB/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=...

Caddy link
https://www.amazon.in/Witamy-Optical-Universal-DVD-ROM-Storage/dp/B07CJXSRKG/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=12....

Let me know if any compatibility issues with these products.

I appreciate your support in advance

HP Recommended

Generally speaking, all 2.5-inch SSDs are compatible with the system. There are no restrictions.

The Caddy seems to be compatible, the SATA and Power connection are standardized. However i dont know if you can swap the plastic cover from the old optical drive. I think it might be applicable. Only one way to find out i guess. 🤔

Unbenannt.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi Fisker31

Thanks for your quick answer. I am going with the above SSD and caddy, hope both will work.

Thanks and I appreciate your help .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.