Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc100ni
Microsoft Windows 11

I would like to upgrade from HDD TO SSD and thanks to Paul Tikkanen I know this is possible.

However, what I didn’t check was, will a 1tb SSD be supported in my laptop? I don’t want to purchase one and then it’s not supported. I would prefer a 1tb but if it’s not I will have to go with a smaller size 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the service manual I posted for you indicates that HP offered NVMe SSD's up to 512 GB in the model series.

Those specifications are normally just what HP offered in the model series, not the maximum capacity supported.

If you look at the Crucial memory/SSD report for your notebook's model series, they offer NVMe SSD's up to 4 TB.

Hopefully, they are pretty sure that drives larger than 512 GB would be supported before they offered them for sale.

HP - Compaq Pavilion 15 (15-cc100 - 15-cc199 Models) | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

I can't think of any reason why a 1 TB NVMe SSD wouldn't work, but no one here can 100% guarantee that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the service manual I posted for you indicates that HP offered NVMe SSD's up to 512 GB in the model series.

Those specifications are normally just what HP offered in the model series, not the maximum capacity supported.

If you look at the Crucial memory/SSD report for your notebook's model series, they offer NVMe SSD's up to 4 TB.

Hopefully, they are pretty sure that drives larger than 512 GB would be supported before they offered them for sale.

HP - Compaq Pavilion 15 (15-cc100 - 15-cc199 Models) | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

I can't think of any reason why a 1 TB NVMe SSD wouldn't work, but no one here can 100% guarantee that.

HP Recommended

Thank you

I have installed it and it has made such a huge difference to my laptop.

I really appreciate the assist

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.