Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360 13-U013na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I go into Device Manager I have the Sensors part of my x360 open and two of the HID Sensor Collection V2 Drivers with a yellow triangle.

This laptop is barely two weeks old. I have had other issues where when i've started it in tablet mode or turned on tablet mode it then hasnt gone back to desktop mode when i turn it back to a laptop and the keyboard and touchpad stop working. I'm wondering if these are linked?

I've seen a previous post about a HP Sectre and done the solution for that but nothing has improved or changed. I have also uninstalled the drivers and restarted my PC so they install from scratch and still no improvment. To try and solve the issue of the keyboard and touchpad not responding after waking from sleep in tablet mode i have updated the bios and changed a setting in the power options to off as from other posts.

The error message I get is as follows:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Failed to initialize sensor from HID collection descriptor."

Only two of them do it out of the three listed.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Emily_0

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion x360 13-u013na laptop and there's an error message stating that HID Sensor Collection V2 Driver Cannot Start (Code 10). In device manager, two of the HID Sensor Collection V2 Drivers with a yellow triangle. The touchpad does not work after the laptop wakes from sleep mode. You have even uninstalled the drivers and restarted the laptop and issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• When was the last time the touchpad worked fine?
  • Did any updates or any other software changes happen after which this issue started?
  • Have you tried to download and install the drivers from the HP website?

Meanwhile, I did some research and request you to perform the following steps:

• Please download and install the drivers for the touchpad from this link: http://hp.care/2lQNMNO
  • Restart the laptop and then check the touchpads performance. Also, check in device manager if the yellow triangle has disappeared. 

If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform a Windows refresh (repair). This will not delete any of your data. To perform a refresh please follow the below steps from this link: http://hp.care/2e7EE00

NOTE: Though the above link provides steps for Win8, they will still work for Win10 also.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Emily_0

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion x360 13-u013na laptop and there's an error message stating that HID Sensor Collection V2 Driver Cannot Start (Code 10). In device manager, two of the HID Sensor Collection V2 Drivers with a yellow triangle. The touchpad does not work after the laptop wakes from sleep mode. You have even uninstalled the drivers and restarted the laptop and issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• When was the last time the touchpad worked fine?
  • Did any updates or any other software changes happen after which this issue started?
  • Have you tried to download and install the drivers from the HP website?

Meanwhile, I did some research and request you to perform the following steps:

• Please download and install the drivers for the touchpad from this link: http://hp.care/2lQNMNO
  • Restart the laptop and then check the touchpads performance. Also, check in device manager if the yellow triangle has disappeared. 

If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform a Windows refresh (repair). This will not delete any of your data. To perform a refresh please follow the below steps from this link: http://hp.care/2e7EE00

NOTE: Though the above link provides steps for Win8, they will still work for Win10 also.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi,

Thank you for your response. Shortly before you replied i thought i'd have one last go uninstalling the sensor drivers that were causing the issue, but this time uninstal all of them, not just those with the yellow triangle.

In shutting down the Laptop and turning it on again it seems to have resovled the problem, there are now no drivers with the triangle and i can move from tablet to desktop mode and the keyboard and touchpad seem to stay working fine!!

Hopefully that means it is sorted entirly!!

Thank you for your reponse, if it starts again i will certainly try your solution and be in touch.

Thank you!

Emily.

HP Recommended

@Emily_0

You're most welcome Emily. 🙂

Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue. Kudos to you for that. I'm happy to know that the issue is now fixed. Fel free t reach out to us whenever you need help. Happy computing. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.