Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14 Laptop PC 14-d5000 (4T804AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

First time my laptop went in for repairs, via a company called Evetech, the first issues I had was Network Adaptor and WiFi adaptor issues unable to connect, then Clock Watchdog Timeout Error and Machine Check Exception errors regarding the CPU. It went away for two months via Evetech, returned, and then gave the exact same errors. My warranty was still at 7 months remaining at the time. What a complete waste of time. Seeing as I added in additional RAM in the beginning, had no idea it was allegedly incompatible, and according to Evetech's technicians and HP Technicians after the RAM swop to a more compatible version, it's not giving any issues. I guess I'll be the judge of that after it arrives back here in a few days, as there was absolutely nothing wrong for two whole months and then this all started. I guess we shall see if this pines out.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Oh well, so much for being optimistic this time around. I literally just booted the laptop up, and lo and behold, the infamous original blue screens with  Stop Codes 'Clock Watchdog Timeout' and 'Machine Check Exception' reoccurs in all its glory!!

When initially sending it for repairs, I said this laptop was defective. Apparently HP refuses to replace it. When it returned after the 1st alleged repair, the same errors ensued. Now the second time around, the exact same errors! It won't even boot anymore, but according to the support update concerning the issue, the matter was resolved and the laptop only required compatible RAM. There was apparently nothing else wrong other than that issue. IMG_20230825_122229_807.jpgIMG_20230825_122822_570.jpg

Go figure. World class customer care support. To say I'm beyond disappointed is an understatement.

HP Recommended

Hi @Frankie08 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing issue.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I assume Treeko is a bot or AI or whatever? Anyway, returning the obviously faulty laptop back to support, won't solve anything. They had two attempts to fix it, and lied that they fixed it twice already. The laptop is being collected and returned to HP via the company I bought it from, and I never want it back again. It's clearly useless and defective.

The company Evetech, keeps saying HP refuses to replace it or refund me on this laptop. They sold a defective laptop with defective components, and now refuse to take any accountability for it regardless of the warranty. Its apparently fun to have people like myself endlessly complaining and dissatisfied with their products, as long as they got the money for it.

Very disappointing that a company of this calibre has zero regard for customers. I guess this platform is just for show, pretense. Because if it wasn't, everyone would hardly be here complaining and would have been valued as customers with genuine complaints.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.