Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I replaced the "sole" HD, an SSD 128GB, in my HP 14 - df0023cl Laptop with a Crucial  500GB P5 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD. After cloning the SDD using Acronis S/W and installing in laptop and firing it up, the recovery screen says

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired 

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error 0xc00000e

I then used my Minitools and it had no problem showing the cloned drive and its partitions.

I then "cleaned" the drive. and cloned again using Minitool Shadowmaker with same results. 

Any 

NOTE: To save you time in scrolling through this thread. I summarize the outcome here. While I was not able to clone the old 128GB to the New 500GB drive (I think everything under the Sun was tried:) )  I was able via a new install of windows to get the new drive to work in this HP laptop. This thread, especially the latter pages is helpful in preparing your new drive by setting up the partitions etc. Good luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, it must have happened in message 61. You must open the folder and check it's contents. 

Which user do you find there?  

If it's user1 (2) you have to login as user1 (2)  RightClick on the Folder, select properties and path and see 3 buttons. 1 should be (Recovery or Undo (the left one)

But never(!) delete the folder because there are hidden files like Appdata, ...

Right now I have no idea if it's possible to transfer a license from the old disk to the new disk

I just bought an Office Professional 2021 some weeks ago for 60 $ during a Black Friday Event.

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78
HP Recommended

Any ideas on what I can do? it seems the drive is not being read.  Any suggestions are appreciated

HP Recommended

@Alcon2256 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06166782

It has  128 GB M.2 SSD which is SATA therefore to be sure to get compatible, you can use Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD or   https://www.samsung.com/au/memory-storage/sata-ssd/ssd-860-evo-sata-3-m-2-2tb-mz-n6e2t0bw/

Crucial 500GB P5 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD won't work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's not the right way to run a "Clone" with Acronis.

Change the drives and clone the "source" from an USB-Adapter is the right way.

Open BIOS

Esc + F10

and check if the SSD is available.

Do you find "Windows Boot Manager" in the F9 menue?

Whatever you do, you need a "Media Creation Tool" (MCT) from Microsoft and prepare a USB-Bootstick.

In YouTube you find enough videos how to do that.

Depending on your system BIOS or UEFI there are differnt steps to generate a new Boot Partition.

When your USB-Stick is ready come back here.

HP Recommended

The Spec page describes the SDD the machine came with, but are you saying the motherboard does not accept the Crucial 500GB P5 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD even though it allows me to plug it in?

HP Recommended

@Alcon2256 

You can plug in that does not mean it will work.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

With all due respect, why would the socket allow for PCI when it only works with SATA?  It would seem they would have installed a SATA socket so a PCI could not be inserted. Is there a way to verify what the laptop can use? Thanks

HP Recommended

The m2 standard can accept a lot of various hadware. It's best explained here- M2 standard  The early days m2 was used with SATA interfaces and or PCIe standards, which is now on version 4

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

I have the bootable USB.  I also checked the BIOS and I have UEFI (there is no SSD called out) however the OS Boot Manager Shows I have  a (SAN DISK sd9sn8w-1006)  The

"UEFI Device Configuration"

show  Intel Rapid Storage Technology 

it shows I have Intel RST 17.9.0.4414 RAID driver

Is it possible to determine what types of M.2 SSDs (i.e. NVMe, SATA) , this laptop  will accept? 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Alcon2256 

I did mention: It has  128 GB M.2 SSD which is SATA therefore to be sure to get compatible, you can use Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD or   https://www.samsung.com/au/memory-storage/sata-ssd/ssd-860-evo-sata-3-m-2-2tb-mz-n6e2t0bw/

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.