Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14s-fq1014nt (4H0V4EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am considering purchasing the notebook HP 14s-fq1014nt (4H0V4EA). But I have a few doubts about its specifications.

Is there one empty slot for extra RAM? If there is not, is it possible to replace its RAM with 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM?

Can I replace its 256 GB M.2 SSD with a 1 TB M.2 SSD?

Is it possible for me to make these changes on my own without taking it out of warranty cover?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can only find the service manual for the older models in the series.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.

According to the manual, you can install up to 2 x 8 GB of DDR4-3200 memory in that model notebook.

If you decide to buy that model, I'm thinking if you want to install more than that, 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 memory should be supported.

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

Since this is a peer-to-peer forum and we don't work for or represent HP, we cannot provide official information regarding doing upgrades on your notebook.

According to the manual (chapter 5), any upgrades should be done by an HP authorized service center.

Most folks do the upgrades themselves anyway, and normally the warranty would not be voided unless the person breaks something in the process of doing the upgrades.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can only find the service manual for the older models in the series.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.

According to the manual, you can install up to 2 x 8 GB of DDR4-3200 memory in that model notebook.

If you decide to buy that model, I'm thinking if you want to install more than that, 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 memory should be supported.

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

Since this is a peer-to-peer forum and we don't work for or represent HP, we cannot provide official information regarding doing upgrades on your notebook.

According to the manual (chapter 5), any upgrades should be done by an HP authorized service center.

Most folks do the upgrades themselves anyway, and normally the warranty would not be voided unless the person breaks something in the process of doing the upgrades.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.