cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 15-AN050NR Won't turn on but with solid White LED on from plugged in AC adapter

HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 15-AN050NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay lets start the morning I unplugged the AC adapter from the laptop and it powered down by itself. When I tried turning it back and nothing happened. I plugged in the AC adapter back in the laptop and then powered it on, it came on. But I noticed that the battery indicator showed that battery low charge. I remember that I left it on over night. So it should have charged the battery. Now I turn off the laptop, removed AC adapter plug, and tried to turn on the laptop, resulted a big nothing. Next, I try to turn the laptop without the battery in and it came on. Now I have a dead and order new one. Meanwhile, I was running the laptop on AC power without battery for 3 weeks. 

I got the new battery in and started the process again but something new. I have fully charged battery in the laptop, solid white led next changing port, but the laptop will not come on. I have tried the step by step HP troubleshooting steps and the end result is the same, laptop doesn't turn on.  

Any suggestion is welcome and needed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,432 1,432 44 60
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ghypht8820, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you have an HP 15-AN050NR. I read that you had opened the laptop for cleaning purposes and tried to power it on without the fans connected. The laptop powered on then. But after connecting the fans, the laptop does not power on. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:

• Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
  • Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
  • Likewise, remove the battery out and connect only the charger and check if that helps.

Also, when there are no nighs on the laptop powering on, you may open the laptop again to check if all the cables and connected properly and there are no misses. You may refer to this detailed service guide for your laptop. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation